Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cheapers Creepers

While I normally try to buy fresh food as much as possible, I've been making the occasional appearance in the frozen isle. We're working on our relationship, but I think we might have a good thing, although I'm wary that things could get icy.

My latest foray into the Trader Joe's freezer produced this masterpiece. I'm not even getting cold feet about it.

SAUCY SOY GINGER SALMON BURGER SNUGGLING WITH LETTUCE (AND PARMESAN ENCRUSTED TOMATOES)
FOR SHORT, I CALL IT "HALLELUJAH"

THE GOODS

Frozen Salmon Burgers (5 for $3.99)
Soy Ginger Vinaigrette (Trader Joe's, $1.99)
Red onion ($0.20 - still using mine from Chinatown)
Lettuce ($1 at farmer's market)
Tomato ($0.30)
Parmesan ($1.99)

THE WAY

Slop some Soy Ginger Sauce on your salmon patty. Slice up some onions. I cooked all of the above on my George Forman grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side, but you could also use a barbecue or stovetop pan.

In the meantime, slice up a tomato. Sprinkle it with lots o' parmesan. Place on a cookie sheet or tinfoil, and broil for 3-5 minutes. I did mine in the toaster oven.

When you're all cooked up, make it look pretty, top the burger off with some more sauce, and show off to your friends. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment